So this was my goal this week: really tie the living room and downstairs area together with the accents. I think you know which color I am referring to. Yes, TEAL.
Per amazing suggestion from my friend Ashlee, I set out to paint the front door this afternoon. Can I just say that this was my first door painting episode and that it was amazingly simple.
Here is said door, BEFORE:
And here is said door, AFTER:
I absolutely LOVE this door now, and the husband is pretty keen on it too!
Pluses include:
-brightens the entryway
-ties downstairs together very well
-actually rocks the old golden knob--sweet!
I would say that I am inclined to squeal with glee when I look at my downstairs level from the living room:
Speaking of "squeal," I have a little rhyme for you that I composed this afternoon after a small outburst of joy. Please contain yourself and enjoy this little diddy:
Teal, teal,
you make me squeal.
I wiggle with happiness,
just like an eel.
I love your bright splendor,
your mermaid-like feel.
You inspire a smile,
you seal the deal.
you make me squeal.
I wiggle with happiness,
just like an eel.
I love your bright splendor,
your mermaid-like feel.
You inspire a smile,
you seal the deal.
There. Happy Ending.