Pages

Double Date Night!

We all met up at Phil's house to caravan over to the hockey game. We met his parents and I saw his cute little Boston Terrier. : ) The game was pretty alright, as far as hockey goes. Like I was telling Nick, I often find myself watching the puck, but then a few minutes pass and I realize I was just staring at a space on the rink, lost in thought because the game wasn't holding my attention. It has been getting more and more like that the more hockey games we go to. Hmm... I don't know, it's just not very exciting. Maybe if they actually scored. 


Anyway, Phil had scored us the family deal, which is $44 for 4 people, including hotdogs, chips, and drinks for each person. Pretty good deal! After the game we headed over the Old Chicago, a good late night hang out restaurant. The men had a beer and the ladies had pomojitos (pomegranate mojitos; very tasty!) And that basketball stuff was on TV, whatever March Madness is all about. Obviously I closely watch b-ball...

We chillaxed and enjoyed our beverages over a delicious plate of "nachos grandes", which I should have taken a picture of, but alas, did not. These will have to suffice: 

Your eyebrows crack me up, Phil. They say everything. Or nothing. Or something. Hm...

As we left Old Chicago, it was still freezing out, but luckily no wind blowing. We walked right by the newly renovated capitol building and I notice there was a well-lit well of stairs that looked like it went to an entrance. I decided to take the stairs down. So did the rest of my "posse". Hence these shots: 


Then we ascended the opposite stairs and made our way up to ground level, leaving the magical subterranean world behind us for now. Nick and I were a little ahead of Phil & Ashlee, and when we encountered a small stairstep down, Nick didn't notice and it was one of those moments where you just have to laugh that the person next to you didn't notice the step down but you did. Of course he turned around to look at the step that was his downfall. Before he could warn them, I said, "Shh! Don't tell them! Let's see if they do it too!" Mischievous, I know. But you will be excited and fulfilled to know that one of them did Not notice the step either. That someone just happened to be my lovely Ashlee. : ) Good thing she was hanging onto Phil! hehehehe.  We all had a great laugh about my mischievous instructions to Nick. Phil said he appreciated me a little more after that. I told him that I had been pretty sure that one of them wouldn't notice the step, I just didn't think it would be Ashlee. (hahaha!)


One of the best parts of the night was when we were driving around the one way streets of Boise and Phil pulls over the the side of the street rather suddenly, sort of sticking out into the (nonbusy) street still. As he's getting out of the car he says, "Just a sec," and hops out. We were all flabbergasted to find three mail boxes on the side of the street, and Phil shoving a letter into one of them. Huh?!  We each thought that he was pulling over to the side of the road to check something on the car, or to get a closer look at something he saw, but it turns out that he "saw that mailbox on our first drive through downtown looking for a parking spot."  Clever, Phil. Very clever. 


We then discussed the hockey game, with Nick saying, "so for 2/3 of the the game nothing really happened." The score ended up being 1-0, us being the losing team. Darn it. Ashlee exclaims something like, "What?! We won! It was 30-29!" There was silence for a moment. When she explained that the scoreboard had said 29-29 until the very end, Phil kindly informed her that those were the shots on goal, not the score. Pretty good laugh over that one. : ) 
 

Sample text

Sample Text