Whew, it's been a while! October 1st & 2nd I was able to go to a Speech & Hearing Association-sponsored convention in town, and they let us out of classes for it. Score!! I learned a lot there.
The first weekend in October I spent some time with Nick's grandparents, who were in town for several days. Somewhere in between all the fun of the weekend I picked up a bug. Monday held a sore throat, Tuesday kept me home sick, Wednesday I went to school for about 3 hours in the afternoon but probably shouldn't have, Thursday I was starting to get better, and Friday was about the same. Which brings us to this loveliest of weekends.
Friday Night Nick and I rented five movies to watch on Saturday. YES. That means a sleep-in movie day. And it was Fabulous. Oh wow. We slept in til 12:30. What lazy bums. But we were both trying to sleep off our sore throats that had been hanging on over a week. So we slept half the day away, then went to Shari's for a huge tasty breakfast (at 1pm). We came back and inserted the first DVD, plopped down on the couch and cuddled up under blankets while the overcast sky outside told us that it was, indeed, a day for movie watching. We started with "Duplicity," moved on to "State of Play," put in some fun with "The Tale of Despereaux," and ended it all with "Yes Man". What a great day. About half way thru all that, Nick made us a roaring fire and it was greatly enjoyed by all. Nick watched "Coraline" today--I didn't want to partake in that one. Anyway, we stayed up til 1:30am, just like we did Friday after going to see "The Sound of Music" downtown at Knock 'Em Dead theater, which was a very good performance.
We just spent several hours on homework, so it's time for a little fun. There it went. Now on to studying for a midterm...